Alcome Co's Zero-Waste Commitment; Refill, Re-use, Recycle!
Alcome Co's Zero-Waste Movement
So, what's the idea? At Alcome Co Skincare, we believe that your self-care products should be good for you and good for the planet! Bringing back your used jar in exchange for a discount on a fresh new product is a great option to stock up on your favourite Alcome Co products sustainably. You are able to regularly save money too! You are contributing to a zero-waste supply chain and are ensuring that no plastics or containers are single use. Most importantly, you are encouraging a sustainable, mindful way of thinking about the products you use in your everyday life.
How does it work? We have been inspired by recent sustainability movements towards waste-free living (such as plastic free July) and we are committed to Alcome Co being an environmentally responsible brand! We also want to be a leader of change in Australia, where so many beauty and self care products are single use plastics and end up in landfill or our ocean. Our products are packaged in glass or tin (where possible, except some products used in wet areas) so that when you finish them, the jars can be re-used, re-purposed or recycled. Over the next 6 months, we also aim to transition to environmentally-friendly and/or recycled packaging for our entire range, so stay tuned!
We have two ways to make sure that our packaging is not single use - at our local events at our Alcome Co Skincare Refill Station or at our amazing Stockists participating in the Alcome Co Skincare Zero-Waste Movement.
Alcome Co Skincare Refill Station
We attend events in Adelaide regularly (at least once a month) and from August 2017 we will be offering a Refill Station at all our events for our customers to Refill their clean containers at the event!
It's super easy to use:
1. Bring your clean Alcome Co tin/jar/pot (full size or travel size) to the Refill Station at our event.
2. We will refill your container (with the same product as previously).
3. We can offer you $1.50 off each product as a flat discount to thank you for doing your bit for the environment.
4. See you there!
Alcome Co Skincare Zero Waste Movement - An End to Single Use Self-Care Packaging
Customers will be able to return their finished Alcome Co product jar (tin, glass or plastic) to participating stockists for a discount on their next purchase at that stockist. Alcome Co will regularly collect returned packaging from our stockists. The jar will then be recycled (or specifically, organically sterilised and reused) in our hand-poured production chain! Woohoo.
How to join in the recycling program:
1. Clean the Alcome Co tin/jar/pot (make sure to keep the lid and label on your jar).
2. Visit any Alcome Co Skincare stockist near you which stocks Alcome Co products and participates in the recycling program, and return your jar to them when you're done.
3. Choose any new Alcome Co product from the store.
4. Receive $1.50 off your new product (yes, any product).
5. Enjoy! Tell your friends who want to enjoy skincare sustainably!
We have launched our Zero-Waste Program as of August 2017 and we will be updating our list of participating stockists shortly! Check back soon.